Information for managers of non-levy paying organisations about the ACP Apprenticeship
Course costs for the ACP Apprenticeship for 21/22 are approximately £12,000 for the full 3-year Masters, payable to the university for the duration of the programme. For non-levy paying organisations (i.e. those with a wage bill of less than £3 million) these costs are met through Government co-investment (95%) and employer contribution (5%***) Alternatively, these costs can be met fully through transfer of levy from a large local employer with levy to spare. This is organised by SYREC in South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw and helps to keep funding within Health & Social Care regionally.
***NB: the 5% employer contribution is met by the Faculty for Advanced Practice, enabling the ACP Apprenticeship course cost to be fully funded
On Monday 26th April 2021, Pam Case (Apprenticeship Lead- SYREC) presented an information session for managers of non-levy paying organisations on the process for setting up a digital account to reserve funding and requesting levy transfer. The session was recorded and can be accessed below:
To download Powerpoint slides from the session, please click here: ACP Apprenticeship Info for Managers slides
Process for Accessing Funding:
- Set up your digital account with your PAYE information through the Apprenticeship portal – click here to create an account
- Reserve your funding within 6 months of your Apprentice’s start date -click here to download the Reservation Process Guide- HEE
- Apply for Levy Transfer – process detailed below. Click here to download the Levy Transfer Process form for SY&B
Important considerations for the Apprenticeship Route:
- The applicant will need three years post registration experience (HEI requirement)
- Applicants must be able to evidence GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C or above in Maths and English and produce certificates* at interview (apprenticeship requirement)
- Applicant must have Honours degree recognised in the UK at 2.2 or above in a related health care subject, or an equivalent qualification
- Trainees who are successful must have completed enrolment with the chosen HEI by no later than 30 June 2021, to ensure all paperwork and documentation is in place.
*For applicants who are unable to locate GCSE certificates, click here to download Replacement GCSE certificate guidance
For information on equivalent qualifications to GCSE Grade C Maths/English, click here to download Functional Skills equivalents guidance