What is an ATP Hub?
An ATP (Advanced Training Practice) Hub is a practice, a group of practices or an independent administrative hub accredited to coordinate the provision of student nurse training placements in GP practices. They also deliver initiatives around the primary care workforce.
What is Primary Care Works ATP Hub?
PCW is an independent (non-practice based) administrative hub, based in South Yorkshire and working across 4 geographical areas (Doncaster, Rotherham, Barnsley and Bassetlaw.) The team consists of one full-time and three part-time members of staff and they coordinate student nurse training placements across their network of more than 40 GP practices.
What are the aims of the ATP Hub?
ATP Hubs aim to address the projected national shortage of GP nurses by:
- increasing the numbers of student nursing placements within primary care
- encouraging and promoting the awareness of GP nursing as a viable future career choice
- facilitating education and inter-professional learning in general practice
- working in partnership with academic staff to monitor & ensure quality of placements
- supporting the training and development of Nurse Mentors in general practice
- promoting and delivering initiatives designed to support the primary care workforce.