Paramedic Role- Tools & Links
The following links provide direct access to relevant organisations that have resources for Paramedics and employers of Paramedics in Primary Care.
Making The Best Use of Paramedics In Primary Care Roles: A Toolkit for Primary Care Networks (2020) has been developed by the SY&B Integrated Care Service in association with the SY&B Primary Care Workforce & Training Hub. It is designed as an aide for PCNs, clinical directors, practice managers and employers and contents include:
- The Paramedic Role in Primary Care
- Paramedic Registration and Continued Professional Development
- Medicines Management
- Different Delivery Models (Direct Delivery by a PCN, Rotational Model with the Ambulance Service, Rotational Model with Urgent Care, Federation Level Model)
- Recruitment and selection
- Screening and interview
- Induction and development planning.