SY&B PRIMARY CARE TRAINING CENTRE
The South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw Primary Care Workforce & Training Hub aims to create a training and simulation centre in the region; the first of its kind dedicated to primary care. The centre will be specifically designed to manufacture a pipeline of new staff into primary care and community dentistry. It will support and help ARRS roles to embed into primary care and realise their potential. Ultimately it will strengthen primary care as a system, positively affecting the quality of patient care and patient health outcomes.
The SY&B Primary Care Training Centre will:
- Increase the number of training placements for university students, promoting primary care as a desired career choice
- Provide comprehensive induction/preceptorship programmes for ‘new to primary care’ staff at all levels and disciplines. To include clinical systems training, CPD, supervision, networking, peer support, OSCE preparation, etc.
- Provide existing staff training and development- including conferencing facilities, digital platforms for online support and MDT learning sessions
- High spec artificial intelligence simulation suite
- A suite of GP practice rooms and a dentist’s treatment room
- Dental lab with simulated patients training pods
- Reception, administration and call centre areas for training and service delivery
- Refectory/Coffee shop area with comfortable seating, charging points, green spaces, etc.
- Staff and student showers, lockers and changing spaces
- Conferencing and meeting room spaces, classrooms and resource centre
- Office space for the SYB Primary Care Training Hub, Primary Care Doncaster and building management team, along with bookable hot desking space
Project Manager: Liz Leggott – firstname.lastname@example.org